- What is it?
- Everything you need to get you there and back
- Gear transport to allow you to ride "light"
- Everything that you need while not riding
- Why do you want it?
- It allows you to ride without carrying gear
- It is most economical to travel as a group
- It ensures that transportation is always available
- It allows you to change the plan as needed
- It provides for full meals no matter where you are
- What is included?
- Transportation to the ride starting point
- Bicycle and gear transport
- Motel lodging arrangements
- Breakfasts and dinners
- (when not included with lodging)
- Transportation back home at ride's end
- Transportation "on call" at all times
- Lodging Costs
- Does not include the cost of lodging
- Groups choose lodging options
- We book all lodging for the group
- Lodging costs are passed through to guests
We package our "off bike" support services as Transportation and Camping Support and Transportation and Lodging Support and you choose one or the other. This section details the lodging option.
This package is for groups who do not wish to camp out. We design a route for the group that ends each day at a motel or B&B.
Lodging options will vary from basic travelers motels to antique or unusual accommodations. Sometimes a motel stay is a “must do” for a given route. For example when staying overnight in Baker City you absolutely must stay in the Geiser Grand Hotel which was built in 1889 and is registered as a National Historic Landmark.
Sometimes a motel stay is simply a matter of convenience, such as when riding into Jacksonville to attend a concert at the Britt Festival. By staying in a motel in town the group has the independence to walk around town at will and can attend a concert at the Britt Festival and walk to the motel afterwards.
When staying in motels or B&B's your breakfast and dinner is often included with the lodging package. If not, individuals may choose to visit a local restaurant and have breakfast or dinner on thier own. When these options are not available, or not timely, we arrange for a group meal.
This package includes transporting you, your bike, and your gear to the ride starting point and back home afterwards. While you ride we transport your gear to the next camp site so that you carry only minimal gear on our bike.
Our vehicles are available to transport the group at anytime during the tour too. If you have the misfortune to run into inclement weather or forest fires (it has happened) we can transport the group at anytime as needed. We can also transport the group to partake in local events and activities.